The five week course is entirely baby led so your focus is always on your baby and his/her needs. Sessions last approximately 60-90 minutes including massage, chat about post natal topics, hand-outs and refreshments.
If for any reason you have to miss a session you will always be able to catch up at the next session. Parents who attend the International Association of Infant Massage (“IAIM”) course learn so much more than just a massage routine. The IAIM comprehensive course covers touch, movement, relaxation, interaction and communication and its fun! You will learn a full body massage routine for your baby, including a specific massage for the tummy to help with colic as well as yoga and reflexology techniques. Oils and hand outs (available in English, Polish, Russian, Italian or Swedish) are provided and your bottle of oil is replenished at the last session.
The benefits of baby massage are:-
- Promotes better sleep
- Helps with colic and teething
- Helps build self-esteem and infant/parent bonding
- Facilitates body awareness
- Relaxing for parent/carer
- Learn about your babies needs and desires and have fun!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org 0131 334 1311 regarding availability or have a look at the sister website which has more information specific to baby massage – http://www.babymassageedinburgh.com
Feedback from parents:
- Liked the small group setting
- I’d recommend baby massage to other mothers
- Alison was very welcoming, lovely, great host, very helpful!
- Relaxed atmosphere, warm room. Thanks for the course and being flexible in changing the last date
- Very friendly instructor, well structured classes